2008-12-30

My Family

We may be small now, but we're family. I spend Christmas eve with close friends and Christmas Day with my sis, niece and bro. This is from last year and the photo is all blurry and out of focus.


Ignore the date on the pic, it's not accurate.

These were my parents several Christmas' ago, Great looking couple eh? I was blessed - they were wonderful people and the bestest Mom and Dad in the whole world :0))




My beautiful Mom, as sick as she was, she always looked good.

4 comments:

  1. What lovely memories of Christmas past and present! This was the nicest Christmas we have celebrated in a long while and I was happy to be with my children and grandchildren.

    We did the drive back from Toronto on Sunday. Luckily we had not lost our power but I can not remember driving around so many downed branches and trees to get here. We had two old dead trees come down in the woods fortunately not near wires, buildings or boats. It was good to get home and get the fire going and the soup-pot on the stove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous30.12.08

    WHAT BLESSED MEMORIES.AND YES,YOUR MOM IS LOVELY.HOW WONDERFUL THAT YOU HAVE AWESOME PARENTS.LUCKY LADY.AND EVEN LUCKIER THAT YOU KNOW IT.HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR,FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...ANN

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely the time of year we think of our parents, isn't it. I lost my dad when I was a 19 and my Mom when I was 21....30 years ago...wow, where have the years gone? Deb, thanks so much for your visits and sweet comments. I hope you have a fantastic 2009! Sorry I don't visit more often...I feel like I'm not always a good blog friend...what with working full time and blogging...I have no time to go visit much. I think I may just take a break soon and do nothing but visit around...wouldn't that be fun?! :-) Happy New Year! Susan
    P.S. Love the pic of you with your family.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Deb! The more I find out about you, the more I realize we have in common! I have also lost both of my parents and they were wonderful. I also have a small family. I only have my sister and her family and, of course, my daughter and her family. But the wonderful news is that our family is growing and I will be a Granny again in September!! The older I get, the more I understand the importance of family and tradition. As they said in "The Fiddler on the Roof"...it's what gives us balance!! Happy New Year!!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* all your comments.
Cheers, Deb