I have been tagged! Thanks Debbie

Debbie at http://confessionsofaplateaddict.blogspot.com/ tagged me to name 6 random things about myself. Here are the rules...
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6)
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So here are my 6 random things:
1. I have met Pierre Trudeau,former Prime Minister of Canada, and appeared on the front page of my local paper with him.
2. I have been to the rainforest in Belize. It was wonderful. I heard the howling monkeys and at one point, after several hours of hiking, imagine those poor little flying monkeys from the Wizard of OZ had escaped from the mean old Wicked Witch ;)
3. My middle name is Isabelle. My Grandma was Isabelle, my Aunt is Isabelle, my mom's middle name was Isabelle and my 20 year old niece's middle name is also Isabelle. Hmmm....
4. My first movie star crush as a kid was Marlon Brando as Skye Masterson in Guys and Dolls. I am such a smitten kitten whenever I see the movie. I mean ...he was so dreamy and handsome. My very first TV crush was Richard Chamberlain as Dr Kildare.
5. I played tuba in the high school band.
6. I had an Aunt Doll. Who was a doll. :0) I was VERY close to her. She lived a fabulous life until she left us at 89. I told her I would have Hello Dolly played at her funeral. We had a lovely service with all her chosen hymns..and as she left the chapel....Hello Dolly was playing. :0) Many sniffles, intakes of breath and then...and then there were warm smiles and grins on everyone face.
Now I am tagging some amazing, talented, fascinating ladies :
1. Deb from http://wwwwhatsatthecottage.blogspot.com/
2. Jennie from Blog in a Cyber Bottle http://bloginacyberbottle.blogspot.com/
3. Karen from http://karenharveycox.blogspot.com/
4. Judi from http://judicreations.wordpress.com/
5. Ann from http://ann-jamesaskeltonyahoocom.blogspot.com/
6. Susan from http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Hope I did this right :)
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6)
3. Write 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So here are my 6 random things:
1. I have met Pierre Trudeau,former Prime Minister of Canada, and appeared on the front page of my local paper with him.
2. I have been to the rainforest in Belize. It was wonderful. I heard the howling monkeys and at one point, after several hours of hiking, imagine those poor little flying monkeys from the Wizard of OZ had escaped from the mean old Wicked Witch ;)
3. My middle name is Isabelle. My Grandma was Isabelle, my Aunt is Isabelle, my mom's middle name was Isabelle and my 20 year old niece's middle name is also Isabelle. Hmmm....
4. My first movie star crush as a kid was Marlon Brando as Skye Masterson in Guys and Dolls. I am such a smitten kitten whenever I see the movie. I mean ...he was so dreamy and handsome. My very first TV crush was Richard Chamberlain as Dr Kildare.
5. I played tuba in the high school band.
6. I had an Aunt Doll. Who was a doll. :0) I was VERY close to her. She lived a fabulous life until she left us at 89. I told her I would have Hello Dolly played at her funeral. We had a lovely service with all her chosen hymns..and as she left the chapel....Hello Dolly was playing. :0) Many sniffles, intakes of breath and then...and then there were warm smiles and grins on everyone face.
Now I am tagging some amazing, talented, fascinating ladies :
1. Deb from http://wwwwhatsatthecottage.blogspot.com/
2. Jennie from Blog in a Cyber Bottle http://bloginacyberbottle.blogspot.com/
3. Karen from http://karenharveycox.blogspot.com/
4. Judi from http://judicreations.wordpress.com/
5. Ann from http://ann-jamesaskeltonyahoocom.blogspot.com/
6. Susan from http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Hope I did this right :)












Hi Deb...I rushed right over so I could read your 6 random things. I love your Isabella story. You remember that's one of my cats! In the paper with Pierre Trudeau...that's so cool! Yes, I agree. Richard Chamberlain was sooooo dreamy! I still melt in that scene in "The Thornbirds" in the sheep shearing barn. Thanks so much for playing tag! You really get to know someone better! Have a great day!...Debbie
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAGGING ME.THIS MAKES ME FEEL MORE LIKE "I BELONG'.HA I WAS FEELING SO "PITIFUL PEARL" CAUSE I HADN'T BEEN TAGGED AND THE ONLY AWARD I HAVE IS ONE I WAS GIVEN BEFORE I HAD A BLOG.BUT....NOT ONLY YOU TAGGED ME TODAY,SO DID LYNNE.I FEEL TERRIFIC NOW.I BELONG-----------------------THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU...ANN
ReplyDeleteawwwwww (((Ann))) I felt quite nice when I was tagged! I belong now also :0))))) Isn't that funny how we can feel that way.
ReplyDeleteThank you for tagging me. I love your six random things. I loved Pierre Trudeau and his life story. I loved it when his son told the story about inviting him to join his dad to a trip to the North Pole and then having sat at a table so his son could peek in the window thinking it was Santa. I loved learning about Trudeau while living in Canada. Your reference to the Wizard of Oz cracked me up...Lions and Tigers And Bears Oh My!
ReplyDeleteKaren
I wanted to mention also, that we lived in Oakville, Ontario for four years and then we lived in Toronto our last year there. I loved Ontario at Christmas, and Springridge Farm in Milton. What a fabulous place. I miss it still.
ReplyDeleteKaren
Well, I think we need to hear more about the meeting with Pierre Trudeau! Isabelle is such a pretty name! Thanks for the tag. I was tagged several months ago so I'll have to see if I can think of some new things to share. :-) Susan
ReplyDeleteI do appreciate following your blog and I am grateful you chose to follow mine. I'm taking a few days off, but could pass the time by without telling you that I do appreciate you following my blog. I feel you are a special friend because it's so much joy vising your site. You make me feel uplifted and brighten my day. I have new ideas and hopefully soon more time, to actually write and enjoy more of my feeling deep in my heart on my blog. I see this so much in others. You are the best!
ReplyDeleteThank you. :0) I really am enjoying your comments.
ReplyDeleteI went on a band trip to Ottawa in Grade 9. It was the height of Trudeaumania - yes I am THAT old. Anyway, just elected Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau came out of the chambers of the House of Commons and a local jornalist had arranged for him to come over to meet us. (Along with our local member of Parliament for the obligatory PR class pic with him) I was just a gawky 13 year old. My friend Charlene, another girl and I were front and centre and the journalist thought we should kiss him on each cheek. We were shy kids, also I was the youngest in the band, that didn't happen - but I did shake his hand.
He was gracious, chatted with us and we were on the front page of the local paper, then a town of 28,000 (now my hometown is a city of 400,000). My Dad must have bought up every copy in town. :0))) Yay for Dads. I finally found the clipping and one day I will scan it.
It was quite the honour. He was much shorter and smaller in stature in person. But ohh what a great man. This was a time when politicians, regardless of political stripe, had a vision for their country.
I was thrilled to see his son Justin Trudeau ran and won in Papineau Quebec. One day I hope he thinks of the Liberal leadership. :0)
At the same time John Diefenbaker, former PM of Canada and a great statesman, came down the stairs. He looked gruff but when we all waved, he lit up and waved back! My Dad was happy about that :0) Dad was a Conservative - back when they were middle of the road.
As a P.S. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip were in town in town and there was a smallparade, I ran out to the car and touched his hand . My Aunt was pleased.
This would all be mid to late 1960s before security and terrorist threats were such a concern. Ahhh the innocence of the times.
Karen - I am from Toronto and livedin Brampton and for a time Missisauga. Oakville is lovely. I enjoy the Lakeshore and all the shoppes along the street.
ReplyDeleteToronto and Southern Ontario really are beautiful places to be for the Christmas season. I like the lights of the city, the store windows downtown, the lights all along University Avenue, Casa Loma, and all the theatres and musicals. The surrounding towns have beautiful displays - Newmarket, Brampton, Whitby, Milton and the historical sights have pretty traditional festivities.
It's a feel good time of the year just to see the lights :0))
Drat! I should have speel cheked this!
ReplyDeleteHi Deb .. A rushed note as we have already lost power once today and I am sure we will again over the next 24 hours or so. At least until this wet snow stops falling! Loved your 6 random things - I got married the same year as the Trudeaus did! I carried daisies as my bouquet and I was quite taken to see that Margaret Trudeau used daisies as her flowers as well. Okay ... that really dates me now! Now to think of 6 things about me that I can share!
ReplyDeleteStay warm!
DEB,MY POST IS UP.THANK YOU AGAIN YOU SWEET,SWEET LADY...ANN
ReplyDelete